Dental Crowns and Bridges
A more beautiful smile is only a visit away when Palola Dental is on your side! We’re glad to offer a plethora of restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatments for those looking for a family dentist in Mililani and Waipahu. If you have teeth that have been badly decayed, damaged, or even missing, we have options to restore or replace them, with two of our most effective options being dental crowns and dental bridges.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a dental device (sometimes called a tooth cap) used to protect or restore the appearance of a tooth. At Hurtado and Palola Dental we offer dental crowns that are made of beautiful porcelain designed to look and feel like your natural teeth. Our porcelain crowns are not only great looking, but also highly functional and are made to be durable and strong.
The Advantages of Dental Crowns
Some of the advantages of dental crowns include the following:
- Crowns will improve the look of your teeth and make them appear completely natural; others won’t even be able to tell any difference between one of your crowns and the rest of your teeth.
- They’ll offer plenty of support for any misshapen or damaged teeth that you may have.
- They’re highly functional and can fix the chewing problems you have.
- Crowns are very strong and durable; when you take care of them properly, they can last for around 20-to-30 years.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a special dental apparatus that can be used to effectively replace missing teeth, and in most cases more than one (although a bridge can be used to replace a single tooth). A dental bridge is made to look and feel like natural teeth, and to fill in gaps caused by tooth loss or other issues. In most cases a dental bridge is anchored on either side by dental crowns, which help provide support and stability.
The Advantages of Dental Bridges
Some of the advantages of dental bridges are as follows:
- Dental bridges are designed to blend in with the rest of your natural teeth and will boost your smile’s appearance.
- A dental bridge will give you improved functionality and allow you to more easily enjoy the foods that you love.
- They’ll also decrease the ongoing wear on your teeth; when you have missing teeth, you tend to chew more on the opposite side of your mouth, causing them to wear down unevenly.
Contact Your Family Dentist in Mililani and Waipahu!
If you have any further questions about our crowns, bridges, or any of our other dentistry treatments, please feel free to contact us. If you’re interested in visiting your dentist in Waipahu and Mililani, we encourage you to give us a call at (808) 678-3000. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and helping you achieve a more beautiful smile!