One of the dental dreams that many patients have is to be able to show off a white, bright smile. It’s unfortunate to say, but even if a patient is fortunate enough to start off with a dazzlingly bright smile, teeth discoloration isn’t uncommon at all and it can gradually fade even the brightest of smiles over time. Thankfully though, there’s a remedy for that! We at Palola Dental provide teeth whitening in Mililani and Waipahu to remedy the discoloration your teeth may have undergone.
Reasons Your Teeth May Discolor
Some of the more common reasons why your teeth may discolor over time include the following:
- Foods and Beverages – The foods and beverages you consume have a major effect when it comes to discoloring your teeth. Some of the most common causes of discoloration are coffee, wine, soda, tea, and fruit juices.
- Tobacco – Whether you’re smoking or chewing tobacco, both are leading causes of tooth discoloration. Over time, tobacco will change the shade of your teeth and leave them discolored.
- Fluorosis – When you’re overexposed to fluoride during the development of your teeth, your teeth can become discolored.
- Medications – Some medications can actually have side effects that cause teeth to become discolored after prolonged usage.
- Dietary habits | The food and drink you consume can have a profound effect on the coloration of your teeth. Some of the most common food and drink causes of discoloration include soda, tea, coffee, wine and fruit juices.
- Tobacco | Smoking or chewing tobacco is one of the leading causes of tooth discoloration. Over time, tobacco can change the shade of your teeth, and leave them stained and discolored.
- Fluorosis | Overexposure to fluoride during tooth development, although rare, can still cause teeth to become discolored or stained.
- Medications | Certain medications have side effects that can cause teeth to become discolored or stained over time and continued usage.
Our Mililani and Waipahu Teeth Whitening Treatments
No matter the cause of your teeth discoloration, if you’re interested in getting a whiter and brighter smile, we’re here for you at Palola Dental! We’re glad to offer the professional teeth whitening services that will give you the smile that you desire. Our team is skilled in providing both KOR and Opalescence teeth whitening treatments. Whichever you choose, we’re confident that you’ll be able to achieve a brighter smile when you visit your dentist in Waipahu and Mililani!
Contact Your Mililani and Waipahu Dentist Today!
For more information about our teeth whitening in Mililani and Waipahu, please feel free to contact us. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with your Waipahu dentist, we encourage you to give us a call at (808) 678-3000. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you attain a whiter and brighter smile!